Wood Pallet Fence Ideas
Fencing is expensive no matter how you cut it. There are different options for fencing which can impact your cost.
However, when you are homesteading your main goals are to do it yourself, the fencing has to be functional, and you don’t want it to break your bank.
I present to you a fencing option that will satisfy all three criteria:
Pallets. Pallets are getting popular overtime and a lot of people are using them make necessary things for their home which does not even cost them anything. You will be able to find the pallets from anywhere free of cost or even for less cost. You would not have to buy something expensive from the market and when the time comes to throw the things you would not have to regret also. Make sure the pallets you find are free of pest or any fungi because then it will be waste of time to work on it.
Pallets are your new fence! Pallets are durable and most importantly, you can actually get them for free!
Pros and Cons of Pallet Fence
- Super cheap!
- Easy and quick to build
- Quite sturdy than it may seem
- Can be easily moved and reconfigured
- May be too low for some animals
- Not as beautiful as store-bought fence
- DIY (not really a con for some people)
- Vulnerable to termites and pests
- Wont exclude small rodents like rabbits and mice
If you are looking for cheap, but still aesthetic ways to build a new fence, you should try pallet fencing. Pallets are a cheap material, accessible to anyone and they can be modeled according to everyone’s needs. From couches, to tables and garden pieces, pallets can be used to create a new piece for your home without spending a lot of money. And now you can even create fences out of pallets.
The style of the fence depends on you and the way you decorate the pallets. For a trendy look, paint each pallet a different color and choose vivid colors if you want to make the fence really special. If you would like a more classical or vintage look, you can paint the pallets in a natural color than give them a rustic look.
Don’t forget that the fence is like a mirror for your house and it should reflect the style of your interior, so make it as welcoming as possible and make sure it matches the rest of your home.
1. This pallet fence would be great for pigs or even goats. It is movable and reusable.
2. Make a Pallet Fence that will cost you nothing
3. A pallet fence in the garden
4. How to build a pallet fence and how many pallets do you need for 100 ft of fence. If you’re using the 40×48 inch pallets it would take about 44 pallets to make a 100ft fence. But if you can acquire some of the longer 8 or 10ft pallets, then you’ll need much fewer.
5. A stylish pallet fence