10 Edible and Poisonous Mushrooms-Guide to Mushroom Identification


posted
Categories: Survival
Have you ever wondered while cooking what can you possibly add to make your dish standout? Mushrooms are an option and they can take your cooking to a whole new level. But in order to use them for eating and cooking, inedible and edible mushroom identification is essential. You will find hundreds of mushrooms out there in your garden, some of them are edible while others are poisonous and should not be eaten.  Here are theten edible and poisonous mushrooms after which you will be easily able to distinguish between mushrooms.
 
10. Chanterelle Mushrooms:

Also known as Girolle, these wild edible mushrooms are orange or yellow in color. They are commonly found in the Northern parts of Europe and North America including Mexico. They have a wonderful and a rich flavor and are cooked in many famous gourmet restaurants all over the world. They have several benefits towards health as it is low in saturated and unsaturated fat.

9. Sulfur Tuft:

This mushroom is found in UK and all types of forests and woods. They are found in small clusters and large groups as well and feed on dead matter. They look beautiful when clustered together in woods and look really good to eat but are inedible and can lead to serious poisoning and diarrhea.

8. Shittake mushroom:

Because of its abundant benefits for human health this mushroom is very famous and mostedible in renowned restaurants. This mushroom species was formerly known as Lentinus Edodes and is a native of Japan, China and Korea and is used widely in Asian countries. Their caps grow up to 8 inches in diameter with a wide umbrella like shape and are of cream colored from the inside.

Recent studies have shown that Shittaki mushrooms protect us against cardiovascular disease along with making our immune system strong. They are available in tin food as well and a number of dishes are prepared using the shitake mushrooms which are loved throughout the world.

7. Deadly Parasol:

This deadly parasol is a medium sized umbrella mushroom and is extremely deadly as the name portrays. This mushroom is found in woods and on grounds. They have reddish scales on the top which is their distinguished feature. They are mostly found in North America and if digested can destroy intestines and then results in death.

  Page Turn